Skip to main content

Preliminary Feature Writing Practice (descriptive)

   Liam knew what would cross everyone's mind if they found out. They'd call him irresponsible, a liar, a deceiver, selfish. His thoughts filled his head. Even if he tells his mom the truth, she'll still be mad. But he couldn't keep up with these lies. Finally, he spoke, "I um...I have something to tell you mom", he whispers under his breath. Tapping his foot anxiously, unwilling to look her in the eye. He says, "My teacher never paddled me, I just got caught up having so much fun at the park I forgot the time. I truly am sorry." His heart began racing like a wild animal trying to escape his chest. He knew his mom well enough to know she was not going to let this go easily. 
       

   
  
  


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final double page spread

 

Conventions

 Magazines require certain conventions that they all need to follow. I will mention and explain them below.  •Nameplate/masthead- The font that makes the magazine recognizable. It is specifically designed to attract an audience.  •Taglines- Taglines are used to show what the magazine is about. •Coverlines- Coverlines mention the topics included. •Central image- The central Image draws an audience before they can even read the magazine.  •Cover model- Cover models are usually celebrities that have a strong connection to the magazine's genre.  •Color scheme- The color scheme is used to target a demographic.  •Barcodes- Barcodes are used to Identify your magazine.                  Reference: https://www.slideshare.net/shsgmedia/magazine-conventions-andterminology                                           ...

First Thoughts on House Style

   I believe that House Styles have contributed to making magazines organized, as well as attracting an audience. Magazines use House Styles so that they are able to attract their demographic. House Styles might be developed by grouping individuals and having them decide who they want to target, what they want to portray, and how they want their audience to feel. The genre of the magazine influences the House Style because they want to establish a different feel depending on their topic. Therefore, they might use contrasting color schemes, coverlines, and cover models if their magazine genre was gardening or business.