Skip to main content

Creative reflection #1


https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ho5waugj59d5bR2bYyObWLGxHpqWLr1U/view?usp=drivesdk

Transcript:

How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?

So when I first started my um my product, I did do some research on what made a magazine and what

were the necessary conventions I needed to use, um and I did find that I had to include a masthead, taglines, cover lines, um as well as have a cover model, color schemes and a barcode. Um, I did input these things into my magazine because I did want to make it look as realistic as possible. As for the social issues that were included um, my whole magazine is based off self-acceptance and I talked a lot about um the hardships that people have faced and what it took for them to finally accept and love themselves for who they were. Um, I think this is a really big issue today because you will meet a lot of teenagers who are not happy with themselves, um whether that be their physical vessel or their internal selves. Um someone may feel ashamed of their sexual orientation or someone may be ashamed of the way they look, and they begin to compare themselves to other people and I think it's a very common thing to see today. *round of applause*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final double page spread

 

Conventions

 Magazines require certain conventions that they all need to follow. I will mention and explain them below.  •Nameplate/masthead- The font that makes the magazine recognizable. It is specifically designed to attract an audience.  •Taglines- Taglines are used to show what the magazine is about. •Coverlines- Coverlines mention the topics included. •Central image- The central Image draws an audience before they can even read the magazine.  •Cover model- Cover models are usually celebrities that have a strong connection to the magazine's genre.  •Color scheme- The color scheme is used to target a demographic.  •Barcodes- Barcodes are used to Identify your magazine.                  Reference: https://www.slideshare.net/shsgmedia/magazine-conventions-andterminology                                           ...

Using Camera Angles

Today, I took photos using the three camera angles from the syllabus. These consist of a high angle, low angle, and canted angle.  1) High angle  This high angle conveys the idea that the subject has less power than I do.  2) Low angle  This low angle conveys the idea that the subject is powerful or holds more power than I do.  3) Canted angle This canted angle suggests that the subject is disoriented.