Skip to main content

Creative Reflection #2

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AGuQrJ1ZlVJRiLJFz4ref2iP-EKNLRsu/view?usp=drivesdk

Transcript:
How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text? 
Right, so I feel as though when it comes to books or magazines or anything that an audience is reading, um I feel like the number one rule is that if you really want to engage with your audience, you need a topic that really resonates with a lot of people. And like I've said before, self-acceptance, self-love, you know struggling with self is just really common today, unfortunately. Um but that in itself has the capability of attracting an audience and making them feel like they're there. Um and the reason being is because they too feel the same way. They've felt down about themselves, they felt like they weren't good enough, they've compared themselves and that in itself um, yeah they just feel like, you know they can engage with us, we can engage with them with our words. Um, another thing is that I did add interviews into my magazine and I feel like that's an even bigger form of engaging with your audience. Why? Because you don't just have my personal opinion, you don't just have the writer's opinion, you now have different people's stories. Now you know that there's not just one person who deals with this, but there's more than one. There's several people out there who have similar stories and they don't even have to be identical. Everybody has their own story, right? And so with these interviews, I believe it gives a sense of rawness and just authenticity. I mean, you know, it's unfortunate that people feel this way, but it's definitely, definitely a big thing. Um, and to have your.. your audience feel as though like they matter or what they have to say is just as important or what we have to say actually offers them a sense of clarity or just advice um is a huge way of engaging with your audience. Um, so my magazine would actually be distributed as a real media text by sending it to publishers. So, um different magazines, based on the genre, whether it be an art magazine, a gardening magazine, um a RNB magazine, whatever it.. magazine it may be, it has different publishers um depending on the category. So I would send my magazine to a publishing company such as Conde' Naste, and it is basically um a company who features glamour magazine. Glamour magazine is a women's uh magazine and it basically empowers women, it also talks about self-acceptance and self-love, just as mine does. Um, the only difference with mine is that I do not have a target market of just women. Um, I do want to you know, spark the attention of multiple genders, especially because I do talk about the LGBTQ+ community um and I think gender is just such a wide spectrum, you know and I think anybody could use this advice and use these stories um to help themselves, and so I didn't want to limit it to just one gender. I feel as though if anybody has the capability of helping themselves, then you know they should definitely take it. *round of appaluse*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creative reflection #1

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ho5waugj59d5bR2bYyObWLGxHpqWLr1U/view?usp=drivesdk Transcript: How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues? So when I first started my um my product, I did do some research on what made a magazine and what were the necessary conventions I needed to use, um and I did find that I had to include a masthead, taglines, cover lines, um as well as have a cover model, color schemes and a barcode. Um, I did input these things into my magazine because I did want to make it look as realistic as possible. As for the social issues that were included um, my whole magazine is based off self-acceptance and I talked a lot about um the hardships that people have faced and what it took for them to finally accept and love themselves for who they were. Um, I think this is a really big issue today because you will meet a lot of teenagers who are not happy with themselves, um whether that be their physical vessel or the

Article layout draft

 I used Canva.com once again to create a layout of how I want my article to look. I'm hoping to frame my own pictures at the top of the page so the article can be written underneath with some pictures included. The page on the left would be a full-sized picture of one of my models.