Skip to main content

Creative Reflection #3

 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1czVHIpTSRSfP7yXWMMwaFXKbQFRgIhOS/view?usp=drivesdk

Transcript:

So how do you think your production skills developed throughout this project? to be honest with you, doing this project really helped me um develop production skills - at the beginning, um, of doing this project I was completely lost because I did not know how to produce a magazine. I didn't know how to make a good-looking cover page or um a realistic content page. And I didn't know how to write a feature story that just - just flowed and and really captivated an audience. um but, with time um I was able to obtain new knowledge and I used blogger.com to um help me plan out what I wanted to do, what I wanted my magazine to look like. Um, I also would um blog about the things that I learned um so that I could incorporate it into my magazine. Um, and I was able to create something that looked realistic, that I was really happy with the end result. Um, I learned how to put these pictures together, I learned how to um really focus on color scheme because before I didn't think that was important, but I learned to focus on detail that would be overlooked before, um, and I think it just really helped me understand what a magazine is and what makes the magazine, um, and I was just able to put that into my own magazine. Um, so I definitely learned how to write a feature story with time and with planning and dedication to making the feature story the way I wanted to make it, Um, while actually having an audience that would want to read it. Um, and of course, I put time and effort into the way my magazine looked. Um, I used Canva to put these pictures together um to make it look as realistic as possible. So, I definitely think that my production skills were – Um, were because.. developed because of this project. *round of applause* 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final double page spread

 

Conventions

 Magazines require certain conventions that they all need to follow. I will mention and explain them below.  •Nameplate/masthead- The font that makes the magazine recognizable. It is specifically designed to attract an audience.  •Taglines- Taglines are used to show what the magazine is about. •Coverlines- Coverlines mention the topics included. •Central image- The central Image draws an audience before they can even read the magazine.  •Cover model- Cover models are usually celebrities that have a strong connection to the magazine's genre.  •Color scheme- The color scheme is used to target a demographic.  •Barcodes- Barcodes are used to Identify your magazine.                  Reference: https://www.slideshare.net/shsgmedia/magazine-conventions-andterminology                                           ...

Using Camera Angles

Today, I took photos using the three camera angles from the syllabus. These consist of a high angle, low angle, and canted angle.  1) High angle  This high angle conveys the idea that the subject has less power than I do.  2) Low angle  This low angle conveys the idea that the subject is powerful or holds more power than I do.  3) Canted angle This canted angle suggests that the subject is disoriented.