Skip to main content

Article layout draft

 I used Canva.com once again to create a layout of how I want my article to look. I'm hoping to frame my own pictures at the top of the page so the article can be written underneath with some pictures included. The page on the left would be a full-sized picture of one of my models. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final double page spread

 

Conventions

 Magazines require certain conventions that they all need to follow. I will mention and explain them below.  •Nameplate/masthead- The font that makes the magazine recognizable. It is specifically designed to attract an audience.  •Taglines- Taglines are used to show what the magazine is about. •Coverlines- Coverlines mention the topics included. •Central image- The central Image draws an audience before they can even read the magazine.  •Cover model- Cover models are usually celebrities that have a strong connection to the magazine's genre.  •Color scheme- The color scheme is used to target a demographic.  •Barcodes- Barcodes are used to Identify your magazine.                  Reference: https://www.slideshare.net/shsgmedia/magazine-conventions-andterminology                                           ...

First Thoughts on House Style

   I believe that House Styles have contributed to making magazines organized, as well as attracting an audience. Magazines use House Styles so that they are able to attract their demographic. House Styles might be developed by grouping individuals and having them decide who they want to target, what they want to portray, and how they want their audience to feel. The genre of the magazine influences the House Style because they want to establish a different feel depending on their topic. Therefore, they might use contrasting color schemes, coverlines, and cover models if their magazine genre was gardening or business.